- Richard Foster writes, “The desperate need today is not for a greater number of intelligent people, or gifted people, but for deep people.” What do you think about his observation?
- Reflect on the twelve spiritual disciplines.
- Inward: meditation, prayer, fasting, and study
- Outward: simplicity, solitude, submission, and service
- Corporate: confession, worship, guidance, and celebration Any thoughts? Something you’re familiar with? Something completely new? Questions?
- What do you think of the canoe trip metaphor? What might be another picture of how the spiritual practices work in deepening our relationship with God?
- What are some specific ways in which you think we can be involved in God drawing us closer to Him? They might be on Foster’s list, or you might have your own words to describe them.
Click Here For Content Archives