- Read Acts 19:11-20.
- Why do you think it was necessary for the new Christians in Ephesus to burn their magic books publicly "in the sight of everyone"?
- Read Acts 19:23-41.
- Read verse 30 again. Why wouldn't the disciples let Paul speak to the crowd like he wanted to? What would have happened to Paul?
- Paul sounds pretty brave, almost superhuman, like nothing phases him? Does that intimate you at all? Do you think you could ever be like Paul?
- Now Read 2 Corinthians 1:8-11 to find out how Paul actually felt the day he wanted to go in and speak to that angry mob.
- Does Paul sound more human to you now?
- Have you ever felt like Paul? Have you ever despaired of life or felt the sentence of death like Paul did that day?
- Read verses 9 and 10 again. What did Paul learn through that experience? Have you learned this same lesson Paul did, or is this something you still need to discover?
- What do you hope to get out of our study of Ephesians?
Click Here For Content Archives