Teach Us to Pray – Intro: Discussion Questions
1. What images, memories, or thoughts come to mind when you hear the Lord’s Prayer?
2. What part of the Lord’s Prayer sticks out to you? Is there a part that especially resonates with you?
3. Is there any part of the Lord’s Prayer that you have questions about or that’s confusing to you?
4. If you feel comfortable sharing, what has been your experience with prayer (both as a child and as an adult)? What are the positive or negative markers along your life journey with regard to prayer?
5. N.T. Wright in The Lord and His Prayer says, “If we linger here, we may find our priorities quietly turned inside out. The contents may remain; the order will change.” What do you think he means by that?
6. Bjorn shared that something in us resists that ordering of God first, ourselves second. Do you see that in your own life? In your own prayer life?
Click Here For Content Archives