Ephesians - 5:21-33
Love and Respect
- What does it mean to submit or be subject to someone?
- What does the fact that Jesus submitted to God the Father say about the person who is doing the submitting? (i.e. Jesus is equal with God and yet he submitted to the Father)
- Husbands are called to love their wives like Christ loved the church. How did Christ love the church? What does this tell us about the role of the husband toward his wife?
- In your own words, how would you express the goal of Christian marriage? (see v. 31)
- What do you think about the statement made about men more needing respect and women more needing to be loved? Do you agree or disagree? Why?
- What counter-cultural principles from Paul can you work on to help you be a better spouse (or potential spouse)?
- Bonus Question: When you play “Rock, Paper, Scissors” which do you most often pick and why?
Share this post
Click Here For Content Archives