Teach Us To Pray - Forgive Us As We Forgive
Series: Teach Us To Pray
1. What kinds of images come to mind when you hear “release”? Or what other words or pictures do you associate with “forgiveness”?
2. Lewis B. Smedes said, "To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you." What do you think about these words?
3. Consider these words. “When deep injury is done to us, we never fully recover until we forgive. Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.” What do you think the writer meant about the past and the future?
4. How does forgiveness happen? Fast? Slow? All at once? Bit by bit?
5. There’s a saying, “Forgive and forget.” Do you think this statement is accurate? Why or why not?
6. Describe how forgiveness happened / happens in your relationship with God?
7. How have you experienced forgiveness with other people (either giving or receiving it)? Is there some relationship in your life where forgiveness hasn’t happened yet?
Click Here For Content Archives